Sky Bet have resurrected their Daily Shootout promotion for the Women’s World Cup. Playing the game is simple. All you need to do is opt in and choose your corner… literally. The game involves a graphic of a goal and a keeper, and your job is to pick which corner to shoot for to try and score a goal. Score a goal and you’ll win a prize! It’s as easy as that. But what can you win? Let’s take a closer look at the prizes up for grabs.
Daily Shootout Prizes
The Daily Shootout offers four different tiers of prizes: 50p, £1, £3, and £5 free bets. These free bets are then categorised into a general free bet which can be used on your favorite sports, Build-A-Bets and Accumulators.
- 50p Free Bet
- £1 Free Bet
- £3 Free Bet
- £5 Free Bet
- 50p Free Bet for ACCAs
- £1 Free Bet for ACCAs
- £3 Free Bet for ACCAs
- £5 Free Bet for ACCAs
- 50p Free Bet for BABs
- £1 Free Bet for BABs
- £3 Free Bet for BABs
- £5 Free Bet for BABs
Terms and Conditions
Like any game, the Daily Shootout comes with its own set of terms and conditions. It’s important to familiarize yourself with these to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Opting in is required to participate in the Daily Shootout.
- The first play is available the day after opting in.
- The game is available from 19/07 to 20/08, with playtime from 01:00 to 23:59 each day.
- Each prize has its own terms and conditions and may have restrictions such as expiration dates.
- Free bets have a 7-day expiry period.
- Limited availability and eligibility restrictions apply.
Make sure to read and understand the full terms and conditions before diving into the game. This will help you make the most of your Daily Shootout experience.
Log In and Play
Now that you understand the rules and prizes, it’s time to get in on the action. Simply log in to your Sky Bet account and navigate to the Daily Shootout page. From there, you can opt in, make your corner selection, and start shooting for glory. Remember, the game is available from 01:00 to 23:59 each day, so make sure to log in during that time to maximize your chances of winning.
Don’t forget to also claim your free spin on the Prize Machine whilst you’re at it.
About the Womens World Cup
This promotion takes place to coincide with the Women’s World Cup. The FIFA Women’s World Cup is the pinnacle of international women’s soccer, bringing together the best women’s national teams from around the globe. Since its inception in 1991 in China, then known as the FIFA Women’s World Championship, the tournament has grown in popularity and significance, showcasing the incredible talent and skill of female players.
Over the years, the competition has witnessed remarkable performances from various nations. The United States has been the most successful team, securing four titles, including the recent 2019 triumph in France. Germany, Japan, and Norway have also tasted glory, clinching two, one, and one titles respectively.
The Format: Qualification and Final Tournament
The road to the Women’s World Cup begins with a rigorous qualification phase. National teams compete in continental tournaments organized by their respective confederations, including AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, OFC, and UEFA. The number of berths allocated to each confederation is determined by FIFA, taking into account the strength of teams within each region.
Since the 2015 edition, the Women’s World Cup has expanded from 16 to 24 teams, and now to 32 teams. The host nation automatically receives an entry into the tournament, while the remaining slots are filled through the qualification process. This ensures representation from diverse regions, making the Women’s World Cup a truly global event.
The final tournament brings together the qualified teams for an intense competition held over approximately one month. The teams are divided into groups, with each group consisting of four teams. A round-robin format is followed, where every team plays three matches against the other teams in their group. Points are awarded for wins and draws, with the top teams advancing to the knockout stage.
In the knockout stage, teams compete in one-off matches, with extra time and penalty shootouts used to determine the winner if necessary. The tournament progresses through the round of 16, quarterfinals, semifinals, and culminates in the final match, where the ultimate champion is crowned.
Favourites for the Women’s World Cup
The Women’s World Cup has seen several dominant teams emerge as favorites in the competition. These teams have consistently displayed exceptional skill, teamwork, and determination, making them formidable opponents on the field. While every edition of the tournament brings new surprises and upsets, certain teams have established themselves as perennial contenders.
- United States: The United States women’s national team has been a force to reckon with in women’s football. They have won the Women’s World Cup four times, including the most recent edition in 2019. With a strong squad and a winning mentality, they are always considered one of the favorites.
- Germany: Germany’s women’s national football team has a rich history in the Women’s World Cup, having won the tournament twice. Known for their technical prowess and tactical acumen, they have consistently performed at a high level and are always a threat to win the title.
- Brazil: Brazil’s women’s national football team has produced some of the most talented players in the history of the sport. With their flair and creativity, they have entertained fans around the world. While they are yet to win a Women’s World Cup, their skill and passion make them a team to watch out for.
- England: England’s women’s national football team has experienced a resurgence in recent years. They clinched the UEFA Women’s Euro in 2022, announcing their arrival as a force in international football. With a talented squad and a winning mentality, they have the potential to go far in the tournament.
- France: France’s women’s national football team has made significant strides in recent years. With a blend of technical ability and tactical astuteness, they have consistently performed well in major tournaments. Their progress in the Women’s World Cup has been impressive, and they will be eager to make their mark in the upcoming edition.
These teams, along with many others, will compete fiercely for the coveted Women’s World Cup title. The tournament promises to be a showcase of talent, passion, and the growing popularity of women’s football.